Avocado toast with a sunny side up egg is a great breakfast choice because it contains healthy fats, high-quality protein, and complex carbohydrates. This simple avocado toast recipe has just five ingredients, but you can customize it to your liking. Here is the basic recipe:
– 1 slice of whole grain bread
– 1 large egg
– 20 grams of avocado
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 pinch of pepper
– hot sauce
- Measure out and mash 20 grams avocado in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast 1 slice of whole-grain bread (I use Dave’s Killer Bread).
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over low heat, spray with oil and gently crack the egg into the skillet. Cover and cook to your liking.
- Spread the mashed avocado over toast with a fork.
- Add optional toppings if desired.
- Top the avocado toast with the egg then add a pinch of pepper. Hot sauce is optional.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 214||Calories from Fat 81|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||12%|